Sunday, March 15, 2009

A few blueberry recipe links

Chunky Blueberry Sauce. This is a great sauce for pancakes or waffles or crepes. It's super high in antioxidants, lo-cal, fat free and d e l i c i o u s!! I use it instead of syrup. It also tastes supreme-o on their Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes. Don't knock it till you try it! Man these are awesome pancakes! You don't taste or feel the Ricotta at all!! I'm big on texture, so this was a bonus for me. The Ricotta makes the pancakes very moist and fluffy. It truly is worth giving it a try! I also love Eating Well's Blueberry-Coconut-Macadamia Muffins. They are best hot and fresh the first day, and adding honey to them just puts them over the top! I also really like to eat their Blueberry Crumble for breakfast. It's a comfort food. It's like having pie or cobbler for breakfast. I make a giant batch of the crumble mixture and keep it in the freezer. Then when I want a nice breakfast fast I just throw the crumble mixture on top of the fruit and pop it in the oven. It's also great tasting with Vanilla yogurt on top or whip cream. I just love blueberries. I always have a huge bag in the freezer. I like to use them as ice cubes in my drinks, I use them in smoothies, in my pancakes and waffles. I love that they are such little powerhouses of nutrition. You can click on the links in this post and be taken directly to the recipe's on Eating Well's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment