Monday, September 7, 2009

Clean Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is something I found online, and baked this past weekend. They were really good for a weird cookie! :) I didn't find "sucanat" sugar while I was out, so I just used my organic cane sugar. I also didn't order $6.00 grain chocolate chips online (can you believe that?!?) So I guess my chocolate chips weren't up to snuff. ;) But I still felt these were pretty healthy considering!

Also, they have 115 calories each


Ingredients:

1 cup spelt flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup Sucanat
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
1/3 cup walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350*

In a large bowl combine spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, Sucanat and salt. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, molasses, vanilla extract and canola oil until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix JUST until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Place teaspoonfuls of batter on cookie sheets and bake for 10-11 minutes.

Makes 12 cookies

*I found they were better chewy! Don't overbake!

No comments:

Post a Comment