Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Juice Spritzer

equal parts of White Grape Juice and Club Soda
frozen berries

Pour equal amounts of juice and soda into a glass or pitcher and use the frozen berries as ice. Everyone I know who has tried this loves it. We even served it at my SIL's bridal shower last summer and ran out!! My brother is using it in his wedding as an alcohol free alternative. It's very bubbly, like sparkling juice. Club Soda is calorie free, so you actually only get half as many calories from the juice as you would with an undiluted serving. Like and bubbly, the bubbles don't last overnight. You can buy individual bottles of soda and juice, but the cost is a lot higher. A bottle of soda is like a buck, and juice lasts a while in the fridge. Anyhow, this is also a nice alternative to soda. I drank a lot of this while pregnant with my daughter too. I got the benefit of the juice, and the feeling of bubbly. I like frozen strawberries the best. Whole ones. They stay frozen longer. I also start with chilled liquids. Try it, trust me...you'll love it!

This came out of a diet book years ago that my Step mother owns. I do not know the title of the book or the recipe, or who's it is. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment