Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pear & Grape Salad with Creamy Orange Dressing

Serves 4
1/4 C Orange Juice Concentrate, Thawed
1 tsp Honey
3 tbsp FF Sour Cream
4 Lettuce Leaves
2 Pears, chopped or sliced thin
1 C Seedless Grapes (halved)
Mix juice, honey and sour cream in a small bowl till blended. Chill until ready to serve.
Place one lettuce leaf on each place, arrange 1/4 of the fruit on each leaf, spoon a 1/4 of the dressing over fruit. Serve Immediately.
106 Cals
0.5g Fat
This recipe comes from the book 1200-calorie-a-day-menu Cookbook by Nancy S. Hughes.
Heather's Notes: I don't like FF sour cream, so I used LF. I also didn't bother with the lettuce that I wasn't going to eat, nor did I make anything pretty. I put the fruit in a bowl, lobbed the dressing in, mixed it up and ate it. I LOVE the dressing. Sour Cream sounds weird for something sweet, but it was so good and didn't taste a thing like sour cream. Next time I make this I'm using a banana and an Asian Pear with the grapes. This was really good and I think would work nicely for a gathering.

1 comment: