Thursday, May 28, 2009

Orange Fresher

Makes 4 servings
about 3/4 C each
70 Calories

1 1/3 C Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
1 C White Grape Juice
1 C Diet 7-Up
Ice

Mix juices together in a small pitcher. When ready to serve, add soda and stir gently. Pour even amounts over ice into each of four glasses. Serve immediately.

This recipe is from Nancy S. Hughes's 1200-Calorie-a-Day-Menu Cookbook

Heather's notes:
I used Simply Orange Juice, I'm not about to squeeze juice, though I'm sure it taste even better. This is a sipping juice, so 3/4 C is really enough. It reminds me of a Shower type punch and was super delicious. I think it would be fun served over frozen Strawberries instead of ice. I started with all chilled liquids so the ice wouldn't melt and water it down. I also think this would be even better in a nice wine glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment